The hard market shows no signs of easing anytime soon. Some agencies are, for the first time, finding that they need access to the Connecticut Automobile Insurance Assigned Risk Plan (CT AIARP) to take care of their clients' needs.
If you find your agency in this position and you have never been certified by the CT AIARP before, here is what you need to do:
- Register for an account at
https://www.aipso.com/. AIPSO is the service provider for CT AIARP and other residual markets around the country.
- After you've created your account, log in to the site.
- After logging in, click the Plan Sites link at the top.
- Under Select A Plan on the next screen, click the down arrow and select Connecticut. This will bring you to the CT AIARP site. This is also where you will be able to access the electronic Plan manual. You will need to verify that you have this access when completing the Producer Certification Application.
- Scroll down the page to the Forms table.
- Find the listing for “Producer Certification Application (AIP3656 9-21)." Click on either the name or the Download link on the right to download a copy of the application.
- Print and submit the application to the CT AIARP. The application must be:
- Properly and fully completed
- Properly signed by all authorized persons
- Accompanied by complete copies of the licenses of all individuals within the agency seeking certification.
Incomplete or unsigned applications or those missing the relevant licenses will be returned.
- The CT AIARP will approve completed applications unless the producer has an adverse performance history. An Acknowledgement of Certification will be sent to each producer who has satisfied these requirements.
Once the producer has been certified, she will be permitted to purchase temporary ID cards, and any other supplies required, to submit applications to the Plan, and issue the Plan's temporary ID cards.
Additional information and forms are available at https://www.aipso.com/Plan-Sites/Connecticut.