|The annual Big I Connecticut Golf Tournament at Tunxis Country Club on August 9th was a resounding success, uniting members of the independent insurance agency channel for a day of camaraderie, networking, and thrilling competition. This year's event exceeded expectations, solidifying its status as Connecticut's premier agent golf tournament. |
With the move this year to the picturesque greens of Tunxis Country Club, a remarkable 47 teams participated, competing not only for titles but also coveted cash and door prizes. This makes the tournament one of the largest in Big I Connecticut history.
Winning Moments: Team CNA—John Wells, Ryan ViVenzio, Justin Francini, and Luke Whitmore—secured first place, while Team Arabella—Guy Lamarche, Mike Regan, Matt Rice, and Steve Holland—claimed second. Sue Bragdon and Matt Ringland earned Longest Drive honors, and Anand Patel's precision secured the Closest to the Pin award with a mere 1 foot 3 inches. Ruth Masso triumphed in the 50/50 Tee Shot contest.
After a fun day of play, golfers relaxed and connected with friends at the Social Reception. It included the installation of Big I Connecticut's 2023-2024 Board of Directors, with Bob Jones of Fairfield County Bank Insurance Services as the new Chair, reiterating Big I Connecticut's commitment to supporting agencies and teams, and their ability to serve customers best.
The 2023-2024 Big I Connecticut Board of Directors includes:
Mark Your Calendar: With the outstanding feedback this year, the Big I Connecticut Golf Tournament will return even larger on August 8, 2024. Golf enthusiasts will once again gather at Tunxis Country Club to celebrate camaraderie, competition, and connection.
- Chair of the Board: Bob Jones from Fairfield County Bank Insurance Services, Ridgefield, CT
- Immediate Past Chair & National Director: Melissa Gatto from Shoff Darby Companies, Inc., Norwalk, CT
- Vice Chair & Secretary/Treasurer: Danielle Brown from Double Eagle Insurance Agency, Fairfield, CT
- Director: Jay Long from Gerardi Insurance, Putnam, CT
- Director: Steve Sadlak from Max Sadlak Agency, Inc., Vernon, CT
- Director: Dan McNamara from V. F. McNeil & Company, Branford, CT
- Director: Jason Guerrera from USI Insurance Services, Meriden, CT
But first, the independent insurance agency community will come together on November 9, 2023 at AquaTurf in Plantsville for the CONNECT conference. BigICT.org/connect.
Registration is open and it's filling up quickly so secure your seat now for THE insurance event of the year.
SEE THE FULL AGENDA & RSVP HERE