Are you passionate about politics? Do you want to play an important role in the issues that matter most to independent agents and our customers? Big I CT is seeking agents to help support our advocacy and lobbying efforts! The Government Affairs Committee will advise Big I CT staff and lobbyists on legislative and regulatory issues, grassroots campaigns, and legislator engagement activities.
Interested in joining? Contact Scott Hobson, AVP of Government Relations for Big I CT.
What is the committee's objective?
- The Government Affairs Committee will advise Big I CT staff and lobbyists on legislative and regulatory issues, grassroots campaigns, and legislator engagement activities.
Who can serve on the committee?
- The committee will be led by Scott Hobson, Big I CT's Government Relations staff member. A volunteer chair may also be selected to co-manage the committee.
- Committee members will be any principal or employee of any Big I CT member agency in good standing.
- The committee will consist of the staff lead and 3-10 volunteer members
How often does the committee meet?
- The committee will meet virtually once per quarter, with additional calls on as-needed basis.
How much of a time commitment is this?
- Members should expect to commit one hour per quarter for meetings, and 2 hours per quarter on committee work.
- Members are also highly encouraged to participate in Big I CT's grassroots activities, which include:
- Attendance at the National Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C.
- In-person or virtual meetings with CT state and federal lawmakers
- Take action on all email and call-in campaigns.
- Committee members are expected to commit to a minimum of one year on the committee, however there is no maximum limit to the length of service on the committee.